Saturday, September 4, 2010

The Slickest Do

The concept of this window is pure and simple, and quite literally the abstraction of something and turning it into art.

The other day I decided to skip the salon appointment and do an at-home hair dye treatment for myself as a pick-me-up. I'm sure you've all been to the drug store aisle with the hair dye boxes and been slightly overwhelmed...do I choose the Chestnut brown or the Almond brown? Is there really a difference?

So much thought goes into figuring out the exact shade of hair colour that complements the colour of a dress for the window display. Can you imagine if the red Karen Elson-like hair in the first photo below was more orange-red? Not quite the same effect with that forest green dress and those suede pumps. And what if that brunette hair colour didn't match her tights?

It's the subtle details, rather than the overload of them, that make these Bergdorf windows really stand out in my mind. Sliiiiccccckkkk. Bergdorf Goodman, Manhattan, August 2010.




No comments:

Post a Comment