Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Paper Fashions at Kate's Paperie

Known for their beautiful paper and gift card selection, Kate's Paperie has a wonderful "paper fashions" window installation at their SoHo store right now (located right under the very famous fashion house studio that rhymes with Clark Lacobs). A couple of paper gowns artwok showcased by students and professionals in NYC show the interesting play on textures and silhouettes that can be created by something as "two-dimensional" as paper. After all, clothes are made from shapes made from paper anyways, right? Kate's Paperie, SoHo, Manhattan, 2010.









5 comments:

  1. These are amazing, and it would never occur to me that they are paper!! This must be very time consuming! Thanks for the chance to see them. Sharon Sims-Goynes sharons470@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome creations. Wish I could see them in person, but do appreciate you showing us to them via the computer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the dresses too but I really like the cutout screen behind them. Paper is just way cool.

    Pat Withers

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree! It's fascinating what can be done with a medium as simple as paper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are amazing! I saw the windows in the store on e. 57th street back in January and they were soo wonderful. I did a post on my blog:

    http://nycstylecannoli.blogspot.com/2010/02/slash-paper-under-knife-mad-museum.html

    ReplyDelete